The ultrasonic toothbrush - how it works and cleans your teeth
The MEGASONEX ultrasonic toothbrush works differently than other toothbrushes (whether manual or electric). The “lion’s share” Cleaning is done by the toothbrush producing an imperceptible ultrasonic pressure wave that we cannot feel, hear or see. This pressure wave tears apart microscopic bacterial chains and their attachment to the tooth. All this happens even at a distance of 5 mm from the plaque. The ultrasound helps the tooth to rid itself of harmful chains of bacteria, but dead or dying individual bacteria and residues still remain attached to it. Here, the simultaneous movement of sound and bristles helps to sweep out the residue left behind by the ultrasound.
What sets the MEGASONEX apart from popular electric toothbrushes is the MEGASONEX's ultrasound (a 1.6 MHz pressure wave) and low-amplitude bristle movements, which are designed to move only across a very short distance to avoid damaging tooth enamel. A piece of sandpaper does much more damage with a large swing than with a tiny movement. Dentists recommend soft-bristled toothbrushes and gentle movements to avoid damaging your teeth and gums. With this in mind, we designed our brush to be extremely gentle and effective over time, rather than focusing on aggressive, one-stroke cleaning.
Think of it this way: you can restore an old valuable antique painting by taking acetone and cleaning the surface with a single swipe. Yes, it will remove the dirt, but chances are it will also remove valuable, irreplaceable paint. Proper art restorers use different types of cleaning materials that are gentle and remove only what should be removed. This process takes a few applications over several days. The same applies to MEGASONEX. It's better to clean gently and effectively than risk trauma to your gums and tooth enamel. Worn tooth enamel can lead to a number of problems, including sensitivity and a higher risk of tooth decay.
HOW TO USE THE MEGASONEX CORRECTLY
- Wet the bristles of the brush head
- Apply the toothpaste of your choice. We recommend the MEGASONEX® brand toothpaste as it is very mild and gentle (RDA 45) on teeth and gums.
- Turn the brush head at a 45 degree angle to the gums, place it along the gum line of your upper arch (buccal or cheek side of the teeth), turn on the brush and move the brush; Brush gently along the gum line using small circular movements until you have cleaned all the teeth in the entire arch. Allow at least 30 seconds to complete this one side.
- Now repeat the same for the lower arch (another 30 seconds).
- Do the same for the tongue or lingual side (30 seconds for the upper arch and 30 seconds for the lower arch).
- Now repeat this for the occlusal or peripheral surface of your teeth. The brush reminds you to change positions with a short stop every 30 seconds and switches off automatically after 3 minutes.
- Make sure that the bristles don't bend too much. Remember: the tip of the bristle cleans, not the shaft.
After a week of use two to three times daily, you should find your teeth wonderfully clean, but with less potential trauma to your gums and tooth enamel. Your teeth will thank you for years to come.
Do I need a SPECIAL TOOTHPASTE?
A clear NO! There is no known ingredient in toothpaste that creates microbubbles. That's why you can use any toothpaste you normally buy. Since ultrasound travels better in a liquid than in air, for this and other properties of the product we recommend a low-foam toothpaste such as MEGASONEX® Toothpaste.
DO I HAVE TO PERFORM CLEANING MOVEMENTS WITH THE MEGASONEX?
MEGASONEX's ultrasound does an excellent job of tearing apart chains of bacteria that make up plaque and removing their method of attachment to the tooth surface. In addition to the plaque, however, there may be larger pieces of debris or food residue on or between the teeth. To remove these you need brushing movements, just like with any other toothbrush.
Ideally, you should brush your teeth with slightly circular or shaking movements from red to white. You are free to choose whether you use the support of noticeable sonic movements from modes one (9,000 sonic vibrations) or two (18,000 sounic vibrations). The important thing is: don't miss out on cleaning movements!
CAN YOU SEE THAT THE ULTRASOUND IS ACTIVE?
The ultrasound in the MEGASONEX works silently and invisibly for the user. This is because the frequency range in which the Megacrystal™ works that are not perceptible to the human senses. You can see whether the toothbrush's ultrasound is active by the blue light on the handpiece.
You cannot view the ultrasound at home to check. Ultrasound can only be measured with a so-called hydrophone in conjunction with an oscilloscope, which is calibrated for measurements in the range from 1.0 MHz to around 2.0 MHz.